It's the weekend, end of a hectic week to sit back & relax with your family. The two days you get to share a week's worth of gossip or stories with your loved ones, while sipping a hot cup of coffee. The second most fascinating fact is that you get to cook something special, something everybody at home really enjoys eating. If you are a seafood lover like me, this recipe is for you. Let's cook a delicious dish of calamari with something truly special.
This combination of squid & chickpeas isn't new to food enthusiasts around the world, simply cause there are many recipes of squid & chickpea salads, stews & fries they enjoy every day. This fusion is ideal for you if you are interested in maintaining a healthy, balanced diet. Chickpeas are grains with very impressive nutritional profile which beautifully pairs with squids, to create a unique flavor to satisfy our palates.
Let's move on to the recipe.
Squids 150 g
Chickpeas(boiled) 50 g
Garlic(Chopped) 3 cloves
Onion(Chopped). 1 small
Chilli flakes 1 tbsp
Chicken stock. 1/2 cup
Chilli powder 1 tsp
Plain Flour 1 cup
Milk 1/3 cup
Sugar 1 tsp
Oil to fry
01) Squeeze a half of lemon to squids cut in cubes.
02) Add a pinch of salt & let it rest for 10 minutes till they are tender.
03) Add squids to a batter made with plain flour, salt, chilli powder & milk.
04) Dust flour to well coated pieces of squid & deep fry until golden brown in medium heat.
05) In a separate pan, melt butter, add chopped garlic & chopped onion.
06) After 3 -4 minutes, add chicken stock, chilli flakes & sugar.
07) In 5 minutes add boiled chickpeas followed by fried calamari.
08) Mix well & serve.
Hope this video helps too.
If you enjoyed reading this post, like, comment & share this with your loved ones.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Follow https://www.instagram.com/dreamtolivethedream &
follow https://www.pinterest.com/livethedream20/ for amazing food snaps.💛
Sign up to my blog for more exciting content.
Live your dream.