Updated: Dec 6, 2020
COVID - 19 isn't just a virus which has impacted planet earth, it is a challenge the entire world has to confront together. It really isn't just the severity of the consequences, but the fear of contamination has lead majority of people around the world to follow health & safety instructions imposed. At the same time the selfishness of a minority have actively contributed to the uncontrollable outspread.
It clearly has triggered an economic crisis in the world, but direct & indirect impacts on fisheries sector due to misconceptions should be corrected, one sector at a time. According to a recent article published by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, it states that "SARS-CoV-2 belongs to the family Coronaviridae and genus Betacoronavirus – which have only been reported to infect mammals. As a result, they point out that aquatic animals – including farmed finfish and shellfish – are still a safe choice for consumers." But as any other surface, the surface of fish can be contaminated when handled by an infected person. In conclusion, if proper food handling & sanitary methods are followed the likelihood of contamination is negligible.
With that in mind, let us move on to our recipe with fish & tofu (soya bean curd). This protein packed, super simple dish made using basic ingredients at home is ideal with a plate of rice or simply to be consumed with a drink.
Ingredients (2 servings)
Tofu (soya bean curd) 200g
Garlic 2 cloves
Capsicum 1 small
Chili powder 2 tsp
Salt 3 tsp
Sugar 1 tsp
Corn flour 3 tbsp
Tomato sauce 1 tbsp
Soya sauce 1 tsp
Oil to fry
01) First cut tofu into cubes & press a paper towel on them gently, to absorb moisture.
02) Coat them well with 1 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp pepper & 1 tsp salt, followed by 1 tbsp of corn flour.
03) Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan to medium heat & fry tofu while flipping sides until they get golden brown colour.
04) Then cut fish (any white fish) into cubes & coat them with 1tsp salt & pepper followed by 1 tbsp of corn flour.
05) Fry them the same way in medium heat.
06) Add 1 tbsp of oil into a pan & add finely chopped garlic & sliced capsicum.
07) Then a tbsp of tomato sauce & 1 tsp of soya sauce should be added.
08) Then add 1 tbsp of corn flour mixed in 3 tbsp of water.
09) For more flavors add 1 tsp of chili powder & 1 tsp of sugar & salt to taste.
10) Mix fried tofu & fish in the thick sauce & dig in.
Watch this video for more.
If you loved reading this post, like, comment & share this with your loved ones.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
follow https://www.pinterest.com/livethedream20/ for amazing food snaps.
Sign up to my blog for more exciting content.
Live your dream.