Updated: Sep 12, 2020
Kochchi or demon chilli is considered to be one of the spiciest chilies around the world. In Sri Lanka, kochchi sambol is loved by almost everyone for its unmatched taste. You will be surprised if I tell you that kochchi contains anti-diabetic, anti-carcinogenic and anti-bacterial properties and it also protects our bodies from chemicals generated when we are stressed or depressed.
On the other note, cauliflower is packed with many health benefits, like weight loss, reducing risk of cancer, reducing brain and heart disorders etc. It should never be cooked for long if you want those nutrients to work.
This is a super simple recipe to enjoy both cauliflower and kochchi in a unique blend.
Cauliflower medium sized head
Kochchi (Demon chilli) 3 or 4
Plain flour 2 tbsp
Butter 2 tbsp
Fresh milk 250ml
Salt & pepper
01) First cut cauliflower into bite sized florets & clean them well. (Preferably, soak them in
salt water for 2-3 minutes.)
02) Add them into boiling water and let it cook a little for 2- 3 minutes.
03)Then start making the white sauce.
04) First add 2 tbsp of butter into a hot pan.
05) Once melted, add 2 tbsp of plain flour.
06)Then add 250ml fresh milk and stir well till there are no lumps.
07)Once it reaches the consistency we need, take it out of the flame.
08) Dip boiled cauliflower in white sauce.
09) Then sprinkle chopped kochchi on top. (Try not to touch with wet hands)
10) Air fry or bake for 30 mints at 180°C.
Check this video.
If you enjoyed this recipe, like, comment & share this post.
Follow my instagram account- @dreamtolivethedream
Subscribe to my youtube channel - LiveTheDream
Live your dream.